"SAND" Diego

Today the husby and I fought our way through traffic and headed down to the Imperial Beach Sand Castle competition and street festival. I'd never been before and decided to give it a shot.

Actually, I'm not sure what I was thinking because I spent 10 hours yesterday setting up and coordinating an outdoor wedding, with the ceremony on the beach in Coronado and reception nearby at the Loews Hotel Resort's Marina Terrance. So, I already had enough sun, as well as a sand workout for the weekend. But, somehow I mustered up the strength to go.

Well, after parking about a half mile away, my desire to then walk on the beach and through hundreds of people started to fade. But we still bumped our way through the crowd and I was able to take a few photos before we headed back to the car and back into traffic.

Now I'm relaxing at home and feel doubly drained. I'm sure there were many more sculptures that I missed. But, here are 3 quick pics that I was able to capture:

The one below was was entitled "Beach Bug". It simply looked like a mound of sand with a few arms sticking out of it. I kinda feel like I could have done this one myself LOL!

I believe that this second one was a tribute to Guns n' Roses (with a sculpture of Slash in the middle) IDK??? And, of course, I had to get a picture of the Michael Jackson sand sculpture. There was more to this one and they also had MJ music playing in the background. Unfortunately, it was too crowded and difficult to take pictures. So, I only captured this shot.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...